Unless you are living under a rock, you must be aware of the regime change Twitter underwent last year.
What followed is the overhaul of Twitter blue, the exit and restoration of Twitter spaces, changes in Twitter policies, staff cuts, and recently Elon Musk decided to step down from the CEO position.
All this daffy turn of events sends the advertisers across the platform in a frenzy to pull out their advertisement budget from the platform.
Does this mean Twitter is no longer hospitable for businesses? Well, that’s not true.
As a matter of fact, Twitter is rebuilding its trust with advertisers by hearing their concerns and reflecting their needs in its features, such as Twitter Blue and advertising incentives.
And the old birdy traits have not gone vanished.
Twitter is still sensational when it comes to spreading news like fire. This platform is a must for users who like to stay on top of trends. This is your one-stop to get the news and happenings around the corner.
If you want to win Twitter in 2023, you need to understand its performance better with the latest Twitter Statistics.
We got them! So while you plan to include these new features in your 2022 marketing plan, keep in mind these Twitter statistics below and use Twitter tools to magnify your reach.
Twitter Demographics Statistics
Despite being a turbulent year, Twitter has managed to sustain a family of 237.8 million daily active users and 368 million monthly active users.
While the U.S. still dominates the charts of the Twitter population with 76.9 million users, Japan and India are also amplifying their growth on the platform quickly, with 58 and 23.6 million users, respectively. Check out more Twitter statistics on demographics from here.
- Twitter has 368 million monthly active users.
- The U.S. leads in terms of population with 76.9 million users, followed by Japan and India with 58 and 23.6 million users, respectively.
- Twitter has a 56.4% male audience and a 43.6% female audience.
- Most of Twitter’s audience (38.5%) is between the 25 to 34 age group. People aged between 13 to 17 years make up just 6.6% of Twitter userbase.
- 25.47% of Twitter’s traffic comes from the United States.
- Most of Twitter’s audience (38.5%) belongs to the 25 to 34 age group.
- Twitter’s brand value growth rate in 2022 is 85%.
- 7.1 billion people visited Twitter.com this year.
Twitter Usage Statistics
Twitter is one of the most fast-paced networks where so many things are happening.
The constant stream of tweets on almost every topic makes it a go-to place for adults to stay up-to-date on trending scoops.
One-fifth of Twitter users below the age of 30 visits the platform frequently to update themselves on their favorite topics.
Twitterati loves to catch up with the news on the network. 57% of U.S. citizens who catches news on Twitter believe the platform has increased their understanding of current events.
Here are some more Twitter statistics showcasing the mammoth usage metrics!
- The Twitter user spends 5.1 hours a month on Twitter. If we break it down, it means that an average Twitter user spends 10 minutes on the platform daily.
- One-fifth of Twitter users below the age of 30 visits the platform frequently to update themselves on their favorite topics.
- 25% of users use the app every week, while 71% visit at least weekly.
- 55% of Twitter users access the platform regularly to get news.
- 69% of Twitter users in the U.S. use the platform to get news.
- 57% of U.S. citizens who catches news on Twitter believe the platform has increased their understanding of current events.
- 96% of Twitter Users in the U.S. Report Using the Platform Monthly.
- 30% of Twitter users said that the platform has made them politically aware.
- 82% of Twitter users access the platform for entertainment purposes.
- 6000 tweets are sent in one second.
- 80% of active users access Twitter via smartphones.
Twitter Engagement Statistics
Twitter is great for creating engagement sprees in seconds. You just need to be insanely creative and good with words to get your message across. Unlike other platforms, Twitter is more of a wordplay.
Couple it with hashtags, and you are guaranteed better reach. Using just 1-2 hashtags can actually improve your engagement by 21%.
You can also put out GIFs and videos to add context to your content further. Look at some amazing Twitter statistics that can help you devise out-of-the-box strategies.
- People Tweet about soccer more than any other sport on Twitter.
- Twitter Ranks as the 15th Most Popular Social Network.
- 79% of marketers have continued leveraging Twitter Spaces.
- The average number of hashtags used each day on Twitter is 125 million.
- Using 1-2 hashtags can get you 21% more engagement.
- Tweets with more than 2 hashtags might have 17% lesser engagement.
- Hashtagged tweets have a 55% more chance of being retweeted.
- A user on Twitter has an average of 707 followers.
- 391 million people on Twitter have no followers at all.
- The top 10% of tweeters contribute 92% of tweets in the U.S.
- Twitter’s timeline generates +31% higher emotional connection and +28% higher levels of memorability versus the social media average.
- “Face with Tears of Joy” is used 14.5 billion times, making it the most-used emoji on Twitter.
- Tweets with a GIF gain 55% more engagement than those without.
- People watch 2 billion videos on Twitter daily.
- Tweets with hashtags have witnessed engagement by 100% for individuals and 50% for brands, as per the latest hashtag stats.
Twitter Business Statistics
Due to recent events, the future of businesses on Twitter looks a little hazy, but rest assured, it’s not totally doomed.
As a matter of fact, users love to interact with brands and businesses on Twitter. 16% of internet users aged 16-64 use Twitter for brand research.
Businesses have been playing it safe on Twitter with regular tweets. Most of the brands cater to their followers on this platform. Companies have even admitted that using the network to address users’ concerns has fetched them a 19% lift in customer satisfaction.
Twitter is a go-to place for users to rant and rave or seek support from businesses. You can even create another Twitter account just to solve customer inquiries and problems.
Besides these, brands have also found Twitter fit for sales. 40% of users have admitted they have purchased something they saw on Twitter! Here are a few more Twitter Stats that favor the usage of Twitter for business.
- 16% of internet users aged 16-64 use Twitter for brand research.
- According to Twitter, “a 10% increase in Twitter Spaces discussion rooms has resulted in a 3% increase in sales volume.”
- 77% of Twitter users feel more positive about brands that are community and society focused.
- 67% of B2B marketers use Twitter as a digital marketing tool.
- 54% of Twitter’s audience is more likely to purchase new products.
- Twitter has 41.5 million monetizable daily active users in the United States.
- Twitter generated $1.18 Billion in revenue in the second quarter of 2022.
- Twitter has a market cap of $29.56 billion as of September 2022.
- 40% of Twitter users purchase a product after coming across it on the platform.
- 85% of SMB users on Twitter say providing customer service is important.
- 53% of Twitter users will likely be the first purchasers of new products.
- Companies using Twitter for customer service see a 19% lift in customer satisfaction.
- 50% of consumers use Twitter, while 36% follow brands on Twitter.
- 40% of the users admitted purchasing something they saw on Twitter.
- 92% of companies tweet more than once a day.
- 93% of brand followers on Twitter plan to buy from them.
- 69% of brand followers on Twitter have already purchased from them.
Twitter Ads Insights
The Q4 of 2022 was a nightmare for Twitter advertising revenue. According to Platformer, “In 2022, Twitter’s ad revenue in the EMEA region decreased by 15%, and the company saw a 49% decline in advertising bookings for November.”
But Twitter is winning back the trust of its advertisers by promising new ad placement controls, in-house content moderation, and promising advertising incentives.
All that seems to be working if we look at the tweet below.
If we look past the current situation, Twitter qualifies as a good advertising platform for businesses of all sizes.
When running ads on Twitter, you need to be a bit cautious. Avoid using hashtags unless it’s a hashtag campaign, as ads with no hashtag receive 23% more engagement.
Look at some of the crucial Twitter stats to make sure you nail the ad specifics.
- Twitter’s cost-per-mile (CPM) is the lowest of all the major platforms.
- In Q2 of 2022, Twitter’s advertising revenue totaled $1.08 billion, an increase of 2%.
- The forecasted value of Twitter 2022 (Q4) ad revenue has slumped to $1.1 billion from $1.41 billion.
- Twitter ads reach 5.8% of the world population over the age of 13.
- Twitter’s First View feature increases video viewing time by 1.4x.
- Average Twitter Ads ROI is 40% higher than other Channels.
- The Cost-per-engagement (CPE) on video adverts is now 50% lower.
- Twitter has a potential ad reach of 544.5 million.
- In 2022, Twitter’s ad revenue in the EMEA region decreased by 15%, and the company saw a 49% decline in advertising bookings for November.
- Ads with no hashtag received 23% more engagement.
- 29.6% of ad audiences are female, and 70.4% are male.
- The highest reach ranking of Twitter ads is witnessed in the U.S., followed by Japan.
- The majority of ad audiences on Twitter are males from the age group of 25-34 and females from the 18-24 age group.
- Advertisers saw a rise of 89% in video completion rates.
- Around 164 million ads are shown on Twitter daily.
Twitter provides immense possibilities to communicate with your audience quickly. You must schedule engaging tweets at the right time, monitor brand mentions, respond quickly, reach out to influencers, and collaborate with other brands for cross-promotion, analysis, and much more.
With so much to do, it becomes essential to manage it effectively using Twitter tools like Socialpilot.
It lets you stay on top of your followers’ feeds by building your content queue. You can repost, schedule content, curate relevant posts, add GIFs or videos, analyze your performance, and more with SocialPilot.
Not just that, you can be a pro marketer and manage multiple platforms from a single interface! Sounds cool, right?
Get your free 14-day trial to take control of your branding on social media.