Are you feeling stuck in the SEO rut, relying on the same old tools like Ubersuggest to guide your strategies? Today, I’m thrilled to introduce you to seven powerful Ubersuggest alternatives.
These aren’t your run-of-the-mill tools.
They come with unique features designed to help you discover new opportunities, fine-tune your strategies, and, ultimately, rise to the top of the search results.
Ready to break free and make real progress? Let’s get started.
Ubersuggest Alternatives TL;DR
The best Ubersuggest alternatives are:
Semrush (Best UberSuggest Alternative)
SEMrush is a powerful digital marketing tool that goes beyond basic SEO.
It offers a suite of features to help optimize your website, track rankings, and audit for SEO issues. (Here’s our detailed SEMrush review!)
I’ve used Ubersuggest, but SEMrush takes keyword research to another level. It provides in-depth analytics, competitive analysis, and many other features that Ubersuggest lacks.
I particularly like the Keyword Magic tool, which shows me the most effective kw ideas for optimization.
SEMrush is constantly innovating. For instance, the Market Explorer tool provides valuable insights into your industry, including key players, audience demographics, and trending topics.
Next is the Content Template feature. It’s a big help for my writers, providing recommendations for optimizing content, such as keyword density, readability, and content length.
SEMrush also offers a comprehensive website audit. It’s my first port of call when I need to understand what needs to be fixed on a website before starting any other work.
Regarding social media, SEMrush offers scheduling and posting, a feature Ubersuggest lacks.
However, SEMrush’s extensive features can be daunting for beginners, but for those who are more established, SEMrush is a solid investment.
SEMrush has an awesome 14-day trial for Niche Pursuits readers – so you can try it out with no commitment.
Pros vs. Cons
- Excels in topic research and SEO content templates
- It’s a comprehensive tool, evolving to cover SEO, PPC, social media, and content marketing
- It provides in-depth SEO insights and helps identify new business opportunities
- Traffic calculations can be inaccurate when compared to Google Analytics
- It lacks support for team-based usage
SEMrush offers three main pricing plans:
- Pro ($119.95/month): 5 projects and 500 keywords to track
- Guru ($229.95/month): 15 projects and 1,500 keywords
- Business ($449.95/month): 40 projects and 5,000 keywords
Keysearch (Best Affordable Ubersuggest Alternative)
Keysearch is a user-friendly, affordable SEO tool catering to beginners and seasoned professionals. I’ve heard numerous success stories through the grapevine about how it has optimized websites, blogs, and businesses.
Keysearch shines with its user-friendly interface, exhaustive keyword research, in-depth competition analysis, and automatic rank tracking compared to other SEO tools.
And more than all the Ubersuggest alternatives, Keysearch delivers high-quality functionality at a much lower price point.
Its keyword research feature is a standout, offering a wealth of related keywords from a single seed keyword.
It even uncovers the keywords your competitors rank for, so it’s a great resource for long-tail keyword discovery.
Keysearch also excels in competition analysis, providing a detailed SEO competition analysis at the push of a button.
It automatically keeps track of your rankings, a feature often found only in pricier tools.
Another highlight is Keysearch’s content assistant tool, which provides insights into the type of content Google favors, helping you optimize every article or blog post.
With affordable plans and a free trial, it’s hard to believe how much value they’ve packed into their pricing plan.
You’d be hard-pressed to find a better tool when it comes to value for money.
Pros vs. Cons
- KeySearch is budget-friendly
- Easy to navigate and use
- Finds high-volume keywords with low competition
- Helps identify potential sites for guest posts
- Lack of live support chat or phone
- The content assistant tool can disrupt original formatting
- Free Trial: 5 daily searches, YouTube research, rank tracker keywords, competitive analysis, backlink checker, site audit, content assistant.
- Starter ($17/month): Same capabilities as free, plus 200 daily searches, 80 rank tracker keywords, backlink checker, 2000 site audit pages monthly
- Pro ($34/month): 500 daily searches, 200 rank tracker keywords, backlink checker, 5000 site audit pages monthly
Ahrefs (Ubersuggest Alternatives RUNNER-UP)
Ahrefs is a powerful SEO tool that presents data in a way that’s easy to understand and act upon. Many SEO professionals regard it as the gold standard SEO tool, and for good reason.
In fact, AhrefsBot is the most active web crawler in the SEO industry, crawling the entire web 24/7 and storing petabytes of information about live websites.
This includes how they link to each other and what keywords they rank for in the SERPS.
Every 24 hours, Ahrefs discovers 10 million new pages and updates metrics for 300 million pages.
Now how about keyword research? The seamless feature provides a comprehensive view of keyword difficulty, volume, and potential click-through rates.
The keyword explorer is a deep dive into the topic, revealing related phrases and questions, providing a well-rounded understanding of the keyword landscape.
One of the standout features is the content gap analysis. It’s like having a roadmap for content creation, guiding me on what content to produce next based on the gaps in the current content landscape.
The site audits are thorough yet easy to comprehend, providing a detailed health check of my website.
It covers everything from performance issues to broken links, security issues, and content quality.
I also like to read their newsletter, which offers a ton of helpful case studies to learn from.
However, Ahrefs could do better by offering more affordable plans or a free trial to allow users to explore the platform before committing to a subscription. (They used to do a free trial – bring it back, Ahrefs!)
Despite this, Ahrefs is a pro-level SEO tool that many professionals turn to as their first choice.
I’m quite happy with Ahrefs all in all!
Pros vs. Cons
- Comprehensive feature set
- The data is presented exactly how I need it
- Backlink research, kw research, rank tracking
- Great for long-tail and general keyword discovery
- Expensive, hard for a beginner to try this platform
- Ahrefs still uses the domain score even though this is something Google has actively said it does not care about
- Lite ($99/month): 1 user, 500 tracked keywords, 10,000 crawl credits.
- Standard ($179/month): 1 user, 1500 tracked keywords, 500,000 crawl credits.
- Advanced ($399/month): 3 users, 5000 tracked keywords, 1.25m crawl credits.
- Agency ($999/month): 5 users, 10,000 tracked keywords, 2.5m crawl credits.
SE Ranking simplifies SEO with its user-friendly design, making it an affordable choice for beginners and experts.
Its SEO audit is a standout feature, identifying SEO errors and providing clear, weekly reports that clients appreciate.
I’ve set these audits to run weekly for my clients, and they appreciate receiving a clear, easy-to-understand PDF report.
The competitor analysis feature allows for monitoring competitors’ strategies and rankings, though the interface has a slight learning curve.
SE Ranking offers a comprehensive suite of tools, including
- 100% accurate keyword rank checker
- Website audit tool
- On-page checker
- Competitor research
- Backlink monitoring
- Keyword suggestion tool
It also includes an AI Content tool, Local Marketing, Marketing Plan, White Label, Lead Generator, SEO Reporting Tools, API, and Social Media Management.
This makes it one of the most viable Ubersuggest alternatives for those not requiring the full features of SemRush or Ahrefs.
Over the past two years, the tool has shown significant improvement, reflecting the dedication of its development team.
A key advantage of SE Ranking is its flexible pricing plan, allowing agencies to pay only for what they use, making it a cost-effective solution.
SE Ranking has a very generous free trial, so go ahead and test it out!
Pros vs. Cons
- Efficient site audits (printable PDF reports)
- Easy interface with actionable insights and drilling down functionality
- Consistent improvement over the past three years
- Comprehensive without unnecessary overload
- Backlink checker may not cover all aspects
- Limitation of tracking only 10 websites on the lowest plan
- Essential ($39/month): 1 user, 10 projects, 250 daily keyword checks, 40,000 audit pages.
- Pro ($89/month): 3 users, unlimited projects, 1,000 daily kw, 250,000 audit pages.
- Business ($189/month): 5 users, unlimited projects, 2,500 daily kw, 700,000 audit pages.
SpyFu is a comprehensive SEO tool that provides valuable data without overwhelming users. It quantifies the value of your organic rankings, offering a unique perspective on your SEO efforts.
- Competitor analysis
- Backlinks builder
- Keyword research
- Rank tracking
- SERP analysis
- Domain comparison
One feature I frequently use is the monthly domain overview. It provides a clear picture of organic results, showing websites’ traffic trajectory.
For those involved in PPC, SpyFu is a valuable resource. It reveals who’s investing in advertising and how much they spend, making it a useful tool for prospecting.
What sets SpyFu apart is its affordability. Despite offering a range of features, it’s priced competitively, making it accessible to many.
In comparison to other tools like Ahrefs and Ubersuggest, SpyFu holds its own. It offers comprehensive data without overwhelming users, making it an excellent choice for beginners and seasoned professionals.
While Ahrefs is known for its extensive backlink database and Ubersuggest for its user-friendly interface, SpyFu stands out for its value for money and comprehensive insights.
Pros vs. Cons
- The dashboard is excellent – it’s one simple screen
- Comprehensive without overload
- Under the radar tool for prospecting – can see who’s spending money on advertising, how much
- Affordable compared to competitors
- May not go to the depths that other tools do
- Super limited in free plans
- Basic ($39/month): Unlimited search results, data exports, domain overview PDFs.
- Professional ($78/month): 5000 weekly tracked keyword rankings, 300 sales leads & domain contacts.
- Team ($299/month): 5000 weekly tracked keyword rankings, 2000 sales leads & domain contacts, 5 user logins.
Moz Pro is an SEO tool that delivers detailed data to inform key website decisions.
It’s known for its precise metrics, such as domain and page authorities, and its exceptional backlink analysis, which aids in enhancing the domain pool linking to my site.
The usability of Moz Pro is a standout feature. The Moz Bar browser extension is a fantastic tool that allows me to check any website’s links, spam score, and page authority, which is invaluable when analyzing competitor sites.
It provides a wealth of information, but it’s manageable. The reports are user-friendly, allowing you to dig into the data but then present something to your client that’s easy to understand.
It’s not cluttered with unnecessary features, making it an ideal choice for businesses looking to bring their SEO in-house.
If you’re just starting out, Moz might be overkill. However, you’ll get the most value from it as you grow and become more sophisticated.
Pros vs. Cons
- Great keyword research
- Excellent page optimization
- Pinpoints technical issues well, so we can address them
- Backilnks feature gives accurate data compared to other tools
- Some say the product is stale, lacking innovation
- Others say it’s too pricey
- Standard ($99/month): 300 keywords, 2 users, 5 campaigns.
- Medium ($179/month): 1500 keywords, 10 users, 10 campaigns.
- Large ($249/month): 4500 keywords, 25 users, 25 campaigns.
- Premium ($599/month): 7500 keywords, 50 users, 50 campaigns.
For keyword research, it dives deep, revealing SEO opportunities including:
- Keyword variations
- Cluster ideas
- Related queries and a SERP analysis
Now, how about real-time keyword analysis as you surf the web? Their browser extension is a gift, folks!
The SERP Analyzer is another star. It spotlights competing pages, helping decode what makes top-performing pages tick.
Moving on to the Content Editor. It’s light, intuitive, and the real-time optimization tips are pure gold.
Next up is the Content Planner – this feature shapes a data-driven content strategy that hits the bullseye.
Lastly, the Natural Language Processing (NLP) feature. It goes beyond the conventional keyword-stuffing approach to SEO, and helps align your content with user intent.
Surfer has a free plan, so you can get a feel for the experience before you make the investment.
Pros vs. Cons
- Helps with content planning, creation, optimization (not just kw research)
- Your articles rank!
- Many users report moving up in SERPS
- Content Editor is super easy and fun
- It’s a comprehensive tool
- Growflow gives actionable tasks
- Some say the KW research tool is too simplistic, and they rely on an external tool
- Plan can be expensive for entry-level
- Hobby – $59/month, 15 queries/day, 50,000 words/month (Content Editor), and 5 users.
- Basic – $119/month, 50 queries/day, 150,000 words/month, and 10 users.
- Pro – $199/month, 100 queries/day, 500,000 words/month, and unlimited users.
Best Ubersuggest Alternatives: The Verdict
It’s time to wrap up our review!
In conclusion, for those seeking the best Ubersuggest alternative, Semrush is the clear winner due to its comprehensive toolset, advanced features, and exceptional performance. It really is one of the best SEO audit tool options.
However, Keysearch remains a strong contender, offering excellent value for those looking for a more cost-effective option.