Is Light In The Box legit? This is the main question many ask, especially since the pandemic, when shopping online became a necessity. The good news is that LITB is indeed legit.
If you’re looking for a way to save money on your essential purchases or prefer to do all your shopping from the comfort of your own home, then a retailer like LightInTheBox may have caught your attention.
This online store offers a wide selection of lifestyle products at great prices, with something to suit every shopper’s needs. Whether you’re looking for clothing, home décor, or even electronics, LightInTheBox is sure to have what you’re looking for – and at a price that won’t break the bank.
This article will look closely at LITB and review some alternatives.
What is Light in The Box?
The Chinese company LightInTheBox (Light in the Box Limited) is fast growing in popularity.
LightInTheBox is a global online retailer founded in 2007/6 by Quji (Alan) Guo, Xin (Kevin) Wen, Liang Zhang, Jun Liu, and Chit Jeremy Chau. This online discount site is known for offering customizable products at meager prices.
Some popular items that Light In The Box sells include dresses, clothes, shoes, and electronics – from cell phones to smartwatches. They offer a wide variety of products to meet your needs.
Light In The Box has a vast product range, with about 14 main categories. They claim to add more than 1,000 new products every day.
It would be interesting if you could find a product they don’t stock here!
As one of the oldest online shopping websites in China, LightInTheBox has been growing steadily since 2007 due to its rich experience in the industry.
Regarding payment, LITB accepts Paypal as a safe and secure platform for online transactions. LITB also provides other payment methods such as credit cards, Western Union, or bank transfers.
You will be happy with the low price, but will you call LITB a gorgeous wholesale company or not? And most importantly, is Light In The Box legit? We will give you all the facts here.
Delivery time depends on the following:
- Country of destination: The delivery time to your destination country also depends on the warehouse your product is being delivered from. LightInTheBox has warehouses in China, North America, and Europe. If your product is dispatched from one of these warehouses near your country, it will take less time to deliver.
- Processing time: The time it takes to prepare, check the quality, and pack your purchase for shipping before it leaves LightInTheBox’s warehouse is the processing time. This time frame varies depending on the type of product.
- Shipping time: The shipping time is the time it takes for your order to reach your destination address after it leaves LightInTheBox’s warehouse. Remember, shipping time depends on the shipping address and method.
The shipping costs are relatively high. If you want to save on shipping costs, your best bet is to use the Postal Service. Shipping with the Postal Service costs between $5 and $15, depending on the delivery address. Please note that there are a few problems with using this shipping method:
- You won’t be able to track your package.
- Delivery times are longer.
- There’s a possibility your parcel could get lost or damaged in transit.
If you need your items faster or want additional peace of mind, you can choose a different shipping method like Expedited Express, but be aware that these shipping methods come with higher costs.
If you’re unhappy with what you bought, you can return the items within a specific time to get your money back (consult here for different items). Almost all products are returnable. The return process is easy and smooth, and here are some tips to make it smoother.
If you’re dissatisfied with your purchase from Light in the Box, you can return it for a refund. An item will be accepted only in its original condition to qualify for a refund. You will also need to provide photographs as proof of the damage or defect.
If you have any problem with a damaged item, do not dispose of it or its packaging until the matter is resolved. To request a refund, contact the Light In A Box support team.
If your product arrives damaged, you must provide the customer support team with photographs of the damaged packaging and the proof of damage documentation given to you by the delivery carrier. If some items from your order are missing, you can file a claim with the shipping company.
Light in the Box does not compensate customers for missing items.
Procedure for Returning Items
- If you wish to return an item you purchased from Light in the Box, contact the support team within 30 days of receiving your order. When doing so, you will need to explain why you wish to return the item and why you should be refunded. Photographs of the item in question must be included with your return request. Your request will be reviewed by the support team, which will determine whether or not to accept your claim.
- If customer service approves your request, send your item back along with a completed Product Return Form as soon as possible.
- Your return will be processed within three to five business days of receiving your item.
- When your return is confirmed and inspected, it may take up to two months for the credit to show on your account. If you don’t return the item in an acceptable condition, it won’t be reshipped to you, and you will not be eligible for a refund.
Customer Support Services
Light In The Box has a customer support number in the USA at (206) 790-2639, and you can send an email to the official website.
Is Light In The Box legit? What Customers Have to Say
You can find recent posts like the ones below. On the positive side:
“Highly recommended store with a fast and excellent service. I purchased a dress for a wedding, and when I had a problem with local customs, LightInTheBox promptly solved my problem without hesitation. I can only recommend this store to all my friends”
Or negative reviews like:
“I paid extra shipping, almost as much as for the product. It’s been five business days, and no package. This is ridiculous.”
Mainly reviews are about the following:
- Quality of product – if the customer is lucky, he will say “high-quality product.” On the other extreme, one can find “poor quality.”
- Long delivery times
- Missing products
- Wrong items delivered
- No refunds – after a long process, the request for a refund is turned down.
Nothing surprising, really. I am sure you can find the same type of reviews regarding many similar companies.
So, is Light In The Box legit? We believe it is despite some negative reviews.
Sites Similar to Light In The Box
There are many sites similar to Lightinthebox.com. We’ll discuss only some of them here.
Wish.com is an online marketplace where you can find anything you can imagine. Established in 2010, the Chinese company is worth an impressive $1.7 billion.
Wish is best known for its low prices on typically expensive items, but it’s also become popular for its Wish reviews, unboxing videos, and try-on videos. However, it’s important to note that the products offered on Wish are sold by different sellers, not by Wish itself.
Wish is legit; the company is based in San Francisco. But there are some risks associated with shopping on the platform. Most of the merchants on Wish are based in China, so there is a significant possibility that the merchandise sold on the site is counterfeit.
There are a few reasons why the prices on Wish.com are lower than those of other websites. For one, quite a few counterfeit goods are sold on Wish. Second, the items on Wish.com come straight from the factory to the consumer’s doorstep – eliminating intermediaries and reducing costs even further.
Finally, the materials used for Wish.com products aren’t as high-quality as those of other sites.
DHGate is a marketplace that connects buyers and sellers, similar to AliExpress or eBay.
However, DHGate is a reputable company that has been in business since 2004 and generates millions of dollars in revenue annually. Overall, DHGate is a successful company as it provides value to its customers by offering a safe and easy way to buy and sell online.
Because it is impossible to police every product listing, there is always the potential to encounter dishonest sellers who may try to sell you cheap or fake products.
Don’t forget shopping online can be tricky – you never know who you’re dealing with on the other side of the computer screen. And, just like any marketplace, there are a few bad apples.
Alibaba can be best described as the Chinese equivalent of Amazon or eBay for wholesale. The Alibaba Group is the parent company of nine major companies. The Group has further operations in more than 200 countries and territories, specializing in eCommerce, retail, the internet, artificial intelligence, and technology.
Some people may worry that Alibaba is not a legitimate website, but it is a very trusted site that is entirely safe to buy from. They have several policies and rules to secure all transactions and prevent personal information breaches.
Paying with credit cards on Alibaba is safe and secure. If you’re ever unsatisfied with a purchase or don’t receive your products, Alibaba will credit your account and open a dispute on your behalf. You’re always protected when making purchases on the site.
Interested in more options? Then read our article on more sites like Alibaba.
AliExpress was launched in 2010. It is an online retail service based in China that predominantly features small businesses and individual sellers from China.
By giving small businesses and individuals a platform to sell their products to customers all over the world, AliExpress has drawn comparisons to eBay.
AliExpress is owned by Alibaba, the Chinese multinational technology company founded by Jack Ma. Ma is China’s former richest man and currently has a net worth of around $32 billion.
Is it safe to purchase on AliExpress? Is AliExpress legit? The buyer protection policy is 90 days after the seller ships the order. You are promised to get your money back if you don’t receive the product or if the item doesn’t match the seller’s description.
AliExpress does the heavy lifting for you by displaying the seller’s reputation on the page to avoid any problems down the road.
However, do your homework:
- Check how long the seller has been selling on AliExpress
- Read reviews
- Check the seller feedback score
- Check the product feedback score
People have unrealistic expectations. This is the main reason for wondering if Aliexpress is a scam or not.
When you buy from a retail store in the United States, every product undergoes a rigorous quality control process before the product is placed on the shelf, but this is not the case with AliExpress!
Amazon is a hugely popular online marketplace that caters to individuals and businesses. The site is available in many countries and languages, making it accessible to a global audience.
Jeff Bezos founded Amazon in 1994 in Seattle, Washington. It started as an online bookstore but has since expanded to become a convenient one-stop shop for many people and businesses, offering various products and services.
Amazon is currently the world’s most valuable online retailer. The company operates a storefront website in over a dozen countries and ships to nearly every country worldwide.
Amazon.com is a large enterprise that operates through the internet, selling various items like books, music, movies, housewares, clothing, electronics, toys, and more, either directly or as a middleman between other retailers and Amazon.com’s customers.
I believe Amazon is the most reliable online store among those you will find in this article.
That is not to say that you will not find negative reviews about Amazon, but in my opinion, you have a better chance to resolve any problem satisfactorily. And if you are wondering about the authenticity of reviews, check out this article on Amazon fake review checkers.
And just in case you may need Amazon customer service, here it is.
eBay is an online marketplace best known for its auctions and consumer-to-consumer sales. It is also extremely popular with online merchants as a sales channel. eBay is available in many countries, and you can search for products nationally or internationally.
Opening an eBay account is free and easy to do – you can be up and running as a buyer or seller in just a few clicks.
You can even open a shop on eBay. An eCommerce eBay shop is a great way for sellers to increase their online visibility and sales potential by displaying all of their merchandise in one convenient place that looks more like a traditional online store than a single eBay listing.
There are two ways to shop on eBay: with or without an eBay account. If you don’t have an account, you’ll miss out on the benefits of being a member, but you can still shop for most things.
Here are the different options for shopping on eBay:
- Buy at the asking price.
- Make an offer, which is a great way to haggle with the seller and get the item you want at a price you’re willing to pay. In this case, the seller can accept, reject, or counter your offer, so be sure to consider what you’re ready to pay before making an offer.
- Bidding – Whenever you bid, you agree to buy the item at the bid price if you win the auction.
Is eBay safe? Read this article to find out more.
Must Knows Before Buying From Light In The Box
Be aware and don’t forget:
- You get what you pay for! A low price may mean low quality.
- The shipping costs can be high, depending on the shipping method. Sometimes, this charge is higher than the item’s price.
- Delivery time can be up to 2 months.
- Returns will be costly since you have to pay for shipping back.
- You may have to pay import duties; however, you can buy tax and duty insurance from Light In The Box, and they promise to refund the tax fee.
Customer service used to be only by submitting a ticket, but lately, they added a service number in the USA at (206) 790-2639. Here, you can find their Contact Us page.
Tips For Buying Safely From Light In The Box
These tips apply to all of the above shops.
- Most importantly, use your common sense.
- Read the product reviews. Look for products with over 100 reviews and a score of 4.6 or above.
- Always take caution when placing orders on LightInTheBox by looking at the reviews for product images posted by other customers.
- Items that have been well-reviewed and have good ratings are more likely to be bought frequently by customers, but it’s always a good idea to check the total number of sold items before making a purchase. I recommend only purchasing items that have been sold at least 1,000 times.
- Not reading the description can have negative consequences. For example, you might not be aware of important information about the product, such as its features, quality, sizing, specifications, compatibility, what’s included in the box, and whether it is a replica or an original product.
- If you’re ordering products where size is important, it’s essential to check the size guide/chart carefully to make sure you’re ordering the right items.
- When shopping on LightInTheBox, look for items eligible for duty and tax insurance. If available, adding this insurance to your order can save you from paying taxes on your purchase. LightInTheBox will refund you any tax fees charged by your local customs office.
Conclusion: Is Light In The Box Legit?
Ok, so the question was, ‘Is Light In The Box Legit?’ In my opinion, it is.
Are you going to be a happy customer after you purchase from LITB? Your chances will be better if you follow our tips. However, I will describe the experience of buying from LITB in one word: a lottery, similar to buying from Aliexpress, Alibaba, or Wish.
I consider it less risky to buy from Amazon or Etsy. If you feel like it is your lucky day, I wish you all the best!